Business Research Tools at a Glance:
Create marketing plans, conduct competitive analysis, develop lists, and research companies to help move your business or organization forward. You can also find job leads.
Other Relevant Sites and Agencies
- Compare and review the many options available for business software, including software for: Accounting, Design, HR, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, and more. All you need to do is create a free account.
- Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB)
- Alcohol, tobacco, firearms, and ammunition excise taxes.
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Federal income, payroll, estate, gift, and excise taxes; employee plans and exempt organizations
- Social Security Administration (SSA)
- Issues Social Security numbers (SSN) and verification of SSNs.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- Employment eligibility verification, Form I-9, and E-Verify program to help employers determine employment eligibilty of new hires.
- U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL)
- Federal wage and hour issues.
- Board of Equalization (BOE)
- Sales and use tax, excise, fuel, property, alcohol, and tobacco taxes.
- Contractors State License Board (CSLB)
- Contractor regualtion and licensing in more than 43 classifications.
- Department of Child Support Services (DCSS)
- Child support general questions.
- Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA)
- Licensing information on more than 200 business categories.
- Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH)
- Unlawful discrimination in employment, services, housing, and public accomodations.
- Department of Industrial Relations (DIR)
- Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE)
- State wage and hour issues.
- Division of Workers' Compensation (DWC)
- Insurance for work-related injuries.
- Employment Development Department (EDD)
- Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance, Paid Family Leave, Labor Market Information Division, Workforce Services, and Payrol Tax Programs.
- Franchise Tax Board (FTB)
- State Personal Income Tax and corporation tax.
- Secretary of State (SOS)
- Business entities, notary public applications, and the Uniform Commercial Code filings.